1. At Sumitomo Chemical Europe N.V./S.A. (hereinafter “SCE”), we strive to honor the privacy and security of our users, customers and suppliers, as well as their representatives, in relation to all products and services, provided by SCE.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this document, please contact us trough this form:
2. When you submit a request or electronically pass information to SCE (including, but not limited to, contact details), you are sometimes asked to provide certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address and line of business. You may also be providing us with data regarding your device, your client or supplier account, etc.
These kinds of data will in many circumstances be considered as personal data under applicable data protection legislation.
3. Please consult the table below to see for which purposes we process (use, store, etc.) personal data, as well as the legal grounds for such processing and the relevant retention period.
|Purpose||Categories of personal data||Legal grounds|
|Customer management||Identification data, electronic location data, electronic identification data, profession and job, professional contact details||Performance of a contract with the data subject|
|Product development, testing, improvement and troubleshooting||Identification data, electronic location data, electronic identification data,||Legitimate interests of SCE in improving its products and services|
4. In addition, we may, pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, allow access to any information (including such categories of personal data) provided to SCE, in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
5. SCE moreover reserves the right to disclose any information obtained from or about you to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of all or substantially all of SCE’s assets.
6. Except as otherwise set forth herein, we do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data with any third parties.
7. These categories of personal data may be transferred to Sumitomo Chemical Company (“SCC”) in Japan or other affiliated companies of SCC for such purposes, as well as to any third parties to whom SCE subcontracts all or part of this processing. This may for instance include service providers, hosting providers and any other relevant roles.
8. In the event of transfer of personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area, SCE systematically ensures the application of an adequate level of protection of such personal data by approved means (e.g. putting in place standard contractual clauses on the processing of personal data, in accordance with the EU Commission model clauses). You can request more information about such measures by getting in touch with SCE through the contact details above.
9. Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by submitting your request trough this form https://sumitomochemicaleurope.eu/privacy-inquiry
Please include your personal details as well as some means of verifying your identity (e.g. copy of identity card)
Please note that SCE may reject requests that are excessive or a misuse of the relevant right.
9.1. Access right. You may have the right to obtain confirmation of whether SCE processes personal data in relation to you and, if so, gain access to a copy thereof. For certain kinds of data, you may also have a right to data portability.
9.2. Data accuracy: right of rectification and right to erasure. You may have the possibility rectify or obtain the erasure of your personal data, provided that the applicable legal requirements are met. The right to erasure is subject to various exceptions, notably as regards personal data whose processing is necessary to support litigation or for compliance with statutory retention requirements.
9.3. Limits to processing: right to restriction, right to object & consent withdrawal. In addition, you may have the right to object to the processing of personal data based on SCE’s legitimate interests (see table above) and to otherwise obtain the restriction of certain forms of processing in specific circumstances. In particular, in relation to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may have the right to object at any time thereto. Where any processing is based on consent, you may have the right to withdrawal such consent at any time (without this affecting the processing prior to the consent withdrawal).
9.4. Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities. You may have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, in particular the data protection authority that is competent for your place of residence or the lead supervisory authority for SCE namely the Belgian Data Protection Authority (www.dataprotectionauthority.be)
10. SCE’s services are not directed or targeted towards children, and SCE does not knowingly collect information from children. If SCE learns that a child has provided it with personal data, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
User’s acknowledgment of this notice
11. By visiting the Web Site, you acknowledge that you have (had the opportunity to) become familiar with SCE’s privacy notice.
12. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this privacy notice at any time. We shall notify any such changes in according with applicable data protection legislation.